A couple of weeks ago a faraway friend of mine asked me to help her with decorating her living room. I was thrilled to come up with some ideas for her.
Here is the inspiration (via pinterest):
These rooms are opposites in a way—one is very simple, the other is glam—and this is the epitome of Jenny. She is the kind of person who only wears simple jewelry, yet she loves sparkly things and neon brights. She wanted a gray and tangerine color scheme. Her style is transitional, her budget small, and she already had two nice black lamps that she wanted to work around.
1. Lamps (already purchased)
2. Side tables: West Elm $109 each
3. Coffee table: 2 Lack high gloss side tables from Ikea. They would need to be painted with high gloss spray paint the tangerine color. $10 each. These can be moved to accommodate other seating arrangements.
4. Gray Couch: Ikea $500
5. Throw Pillow: Etsy $20 Since green compliments tangerine, it was good to add another color to the palette to keep it from looking matchy.
6. Kantha Quilt: Etsy. $40. Pink, turquoise, tangerine.